Steps to Configure Carrier
- Use your existing DHL Express account, or create a new one.
- Register for XML Services access: https://xmlportal.dhl.com/
- You should be provided with a test account in an email within 24 hours after approval, similar to the one below.
- If you lose this email you can login to the XML portal and go to XML Service Status link on left to view.
- Configure your credentials into the Ship Configuration tab.
- Get Certification by DHL.
- Contact DHL to request certification by providing Label Image, Request, and Response XML messages as recommended in the documentation. These are validated by the DHL Express team followed by production-ready certification.
- Go Live
- After passing certification, you will receive access to the production environment and then can start using DHL Web Services.
- Update Ship Configuration with your production credentials and uncheck Test Mode. Now you can create and print active shipping labels.
- Check the Active box so that this carrier is an active carrier. When a carrier is active, you are able to set carrier specific settings in the Create Shipment tab and create/ print active shipping labels.
- Test Mode Checkbox: If the Test Mode checkbox is checked, then your account won’t be debited when you create/print a shipping label. Instead, a “test” shipping label will be created. If the Test Mode checkbox is not checked, your account will be debited when you create/print a shipping label, as it is an active label (rather than a test label).
- Label will say, “Do Not Ship – Sample Only”
Other Carrier Settings
For DHL, you can set the default currency using the Default Currency Code field.
You can also set a default region with the Default Region Code field. in the Ship Configuration tab.