Steps to Configure Carrier
- Create a ups.com account.
- If you have a login but no billing account with an Account Number, then sign up here: https://www.ups.com/doapp/SignUpOpenAccount?loc=en_US
- If you have an account, you can view your Account Number on your Invoice from UPS.
- Go to the UPS Developer Kit web page: https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US
- Click request access key.
- Add account if needed.
- Log into the A5 Ship app, click the Ship Configuration tab, and click UPS.
- Check the Active box so that this carrier is an active carrier. When a carrier is active, you are able to set carrier specific settings on the Create Shipment tab and create/ print active shipping labels.
- Enter the Account Key
- Enter the Account Number
- Enter the User ID
- Enter the User Password
- There is a password mask on this field for privacy. To check for accuracy, click and hold the eye icon to see your password.
- Test Mode Checkbox: If the Test Mode checkbox is checked, then your account won’t be debited when you create/print a shipping label. Instead, a “test” shipping label will be created. If the Test Mode checkbox is not checked, your account will be debited when you create/print a shipping label, as it is an active label (rather than a test label).
- Label will say, “Sample”.
Note: Additional reference materials: How to get UPS credentials for integration with Odoo